Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Fun on the Fourth



More fun, free stuff to do this weekend!

Although a picnic isn't technically free, it can be darn cheap if you share with family and friends. Getting outdoors and enjoying nature is free and it's priceless (remember, winter is only 6 short months away). Here's a list of city parks to explore. I promise there's one near you. Toss down and blanket and soak up some sun.

I'd be remiss if I didn't note that the Colorado Symphony Orchestra is also playing Red Rocks for free on July 5th. Parking costs $10 per car, so everybody pile in the family wagon.

Or, if you want to stay closer to town, check out the City Park Jazz series. Sunday, July 5th, Purnell Steen and Le Jazz Machine will be making smooth sounds for free. 6-8pm rain or shine.

Denver Santa Fe Arts District has first Friday Art Walk. There's a free bus to help you cover the scene. Denver Museum of Minitures, Dolls & Toys is free the first Sunday of the month (July 5th). Denver Ashram offers free yoga and mediation on Sundays to help you chill out after your rocking weekend.


Heads up: usually the Denver Art Museum is free for Colorado residents the first Saturday of every month, but the good folks there are taking a little R&R for themselves (they deserve it) so the DAM is closed July 4th. Likewise, next free day at Denver Botanic Gardens isn't until July 20 (no worries, I'll remind you), so hang out in Cheesman Park instead. Kids parade at 10am on the 4th.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a variety of things to do this weekend. I love Jazz in the park and the art museum but I hadn't heard of the event at Red Rocks. Thanks fo rthe heads up Saralee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is right up my alley. I love all the links and there's so much to do. I really need to fine a blog like that for Denver. As a new resident a blog like this would benefical and I can find out the good spots in town.

    Down2earthlupie

    ReplyDelete