Thursday, July 16, 2009

National Parks Fee-Free Weekend



The good people running our national gov'ment have decided we all need a break and are offering

Fee Free Weekends.

This weekend, July 18 & 19, more than 100 national parks will waive the entrance fee. Colorado Parks include Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Colorado National Monument, Dinosaur National Monument, Florissant Fossil Beds, Great Sand Dunes, Hovenweep, Mesa Verde and Rocky Mountain National Parks. Admittedly, none of these are actually in Denver, but it's good to hit the road once in a while. Next Fee Free Weekend is August 15 & 16, so be spontaneous and hit the road, or plan ahead for next time. Either way, you'll get your money's worth. Thanks to loyal reader "Chase" for the tip.

I'm off to the Evergreen SummerFest Arts Festival with gal-pal "Linda" because I just can't get enough outdoor art shows. The difference between me and all those other fine artists is that I look at the work and nod my head thinking "I could do that"; but they do, and I don't. Hmmm. The show is Saturday and Sunday 10am-5pm at Buchanan Park. It's NOT Free; you've been warned. Admission is $2. Give up a latte and get some real culture, already.

And Monday, July 20 is a free day at the Denver Botanic Gardens.

Coming soon: First weekend in August, more free stuff than you can imagine!

1 comment: